The Nominating Committee nominates and presents a slate of PTA officers for the next school year. This will occur at the last General Meeting of the current school year. Responsibilities include: electing own chairperson; meeting as a group to identify individuals to fill the roles of the executive committee; creating and maintaining the spreadsheet with contact information for volunteers wiling to serve; contacting individuals to determine their willingness to serve in the nominated role; presenting a slate of officers at the May PTA General Meeting; assisting with the vote for the slate of candidates at the May General Membership Meeting. Keeps Executive Board Members informed.
The Nominations committee will elect a chair at their first meeting, and that chair is a member of the ACES PTA Board of Directors and will need to attend monthly meetings (2nd Thursday of the month from 6:30pm to 7:30pm at ACES).
The ACES Nominating Committee
- Comprised of an odd number and no fewer than 3 members; at least 2 are board members, and at least one committee member is a member of this PTA, not serving on the board;
- Elected in November
- Neither the president nor the principal can serve on the nominating committee
- Throughout the year, nominating committee is tasked with identifying talented, motivated and responsible individuals to serve as PTA officers
- Nominating committee nominates only one person for each office (President, VPs, Treasurer and Secretary); they do not nominate persons for chairs or members of committees
- Prior to the last general membership meeting, the nominating committee prepares a slate of nominees
- President gives notice of the election of officers to the general membership at least 10 days before the last general membership meeting and must include the slate of nominees